16 Feb 2011

Confession: I love flamboyance

Sometimes when I look through the various weddings out there, I get the urge to do something really flamboyant. Crimson dress, feathered headpiece with LED lights, fire show, circus performance... and it would have been great! It's just that I don't have the money to really splash, and since this is DIY from start to finish, I really need to be practical.

I also know that though all of the above is cool, the most important thing is to have people you care about and love around you and to have fun. In my job as a restaurant manager I learned that what matters is the people. The most interesting wedding we had was at the same time a very awkward affair. In the beginning it was stylish and rather stiff but in the end, when the dance started, the South American guests (her side of the family) decided that they'd had it with the stiffness and the stylishness and it became the party it should have been from the start.

I'm actually quite happy we're doing what we're doing. It's just that I'm awed by what some people have accomplished, that's all.

No comments: