11 Jul 2011

Moving forward

I was struck down by a cold 10 days ago which hampered my possibilities to DIY somewhat, but not entirely. The pre-cooking is slowly progressing and the coming week the gumbo base will be all ready. I'm halfway through the tortilla making and today I made the first pavlova base, the meringue on which the whipped cream and fruit will be.

I also discovered that I have calculated the fan bunting all wrong so I had to convert them in to long gathered flag buntings instead. Not a big deal and actually less work.

The tin cans that will become lanterns are in the freezer with water/ice. It has turned to ice but I'm going to wait another day just to make sure they're really frozen. Later this week I'll start making patterns on them with a hammer and a nail.

The one big thing left is the clothes. They lie in the storage room watching me every time I go in there. Once I'm dealing with that I'll be done in two days (giving some time for error here) so I shouldn't be bothered but I am, for some reason.

Yesterday I got myself a fake fringe for next to nothing which I'm hopefully will get tomorrow. The 40's roll fringe will happen, so now I'm officially a rockabilly bride! I'm silly exited about that, because the hair have been a huge issue for me. I wanted to do something different but it's a bit difficult with such a fixed hairstyle as dreads, but with the fringe I'll be able to keep my hair in place and have a great look, all going well with the style of the clothes. Now all I need is a bandana, and that may be more difficult than anticipated. I don't want to pay a ridiculous p&p for one bandana, but it may be a bit tricky to get hold of one in my home town since it's not exactly hip to be wearing bandanas right now.

No comments: