15 Jul 2011

Robbery!

We need a loo. My parents don't have the regular water closet toilet so we can definitely not use the existing toilet. Not that it's a good idea anyway since our systems aren't built for 40-50 people using the toilet during one evening.

However, it has turned out that the region where I live is twice as expensive as the neighbouring one. TWICE. It means they want 2000 SEK/€210 for ONE DAY. I say it's robbery in broad daylight. Had we had the party in Småland it would have been 1000 SEK/€105. We could have had a trailer with 4 toilets for that price.

On top of that we're having an international scout jamboree beginning in 10 days in the neighbourhood and it ends less than a week before our marriage. There will be a shortage of portable toilets because of this.

It got me thinking. Maybe we should just build something. It's a farm and we have the means to handle shit, to put it mildly. I'm pretty sure we could get away with a lot less than 2000,- if we did, not to mention that it would probably look better too. I think I need to discuss this with mum and dad.

No comments: