22 Jun 2011

How impossible can it get? Very impossible.

Finding dungarees/bib overalls has turned in to a challenge I didn't foresee. I'll have to abandon that idea unfortunately. They're either ridiculously priced at €315 or too large. I'd drown in loose fit 32', which seems to be the smallest size available.

I'll need to figure out something else obviously. I still don't want a dress. The most offbeat kind of clothing reasonably readily available is rockabilly style clothes, so I've been thinking I could perhaps head that way. I've also decided to go back to sewing again. It takes me about 2 hours to sew a pair of trousers and a peasant blouse takes a lot less. I think I'm going to wear a bandana in classic rockabilly fashion, because I want my hair up and out of the way. Just trying to pin it in to place is difficult because my hair is so heavy. Dreads tend to be. I'll come back to that later.

Jeans in dark indigo with yellow thread seams, higher waist than normal and cowboy style at the back and a gingham peasant blouse (haven't decided whether I should wear navy blue or red), that's what it looks like right now, and considering how close we are, it's got to be the final thing. I'm wearing flip flops or red Converse to this outfit, depending on weather. I have red wellies too if it really gets bad.




It's fairly close to what I had in mind at first. The trousers basically lack the upper part of bib overalls really. Now I only need the patterns and fabrics. Easy peasy.

2 comments:

Renata said...

jeans? why don¨t you were a high-waisted skirt?

Efva said...

The whole plan was to not wear a dress or skirt. It's not practical and as we're finding out at this very moment, it was a wise choice since the weather is unstable. It's a barn wedding so even though it's inside it's more outside than the average venue. I've made the jeans but not posted about it because I can't get any decent photographs.