1 Jun 2011

I had the, what I thought, perfect idea for a dress. I designed it and decided on fabrics, ribbons, the lot. Then I left it for 3 months. When I came back to it I realised that though I think it's cute, it's not exactly what I needed nor really wanted. The original plans was a bash. Not a WEDDING. There's a difference there. Actually a huge one.

I don't mind dresses or skirts, so it's not that, it's just that I've left fancy schmancy behind. If I don't have to do dress up, I don't do it. This party was meant to be come as you are. No fancy clothes. And definitely no petticoats. High heels is just plain dumb on a farm and out on a field.

I'm quite simply not going to wear that dress. I will try and find loose fit dungarees, a nice top, sneakers or flip flops if it's too damn hot, and wrap my hair the way I usually do it, and wear some ridiculously large blingy earrings, just as I like it. I can wear that and prepare, get hitched and dance away through the night, which this is all about.

After coming to that decision I felt a lot better about things. Now I only need to find dungarees, which has proven to be difficult. I prefer to try on clothes before buying them but none of the local stores have jeans dungarees. I can only find them on the net. There's no dungaree related crisis just yet though. I'll just keep looking.

No comments: