10 Jan 2011

Clothes

You've got to wear them. I have been glancing at dresses and pant-suits since we decided we should marry (back in 2007) and it's almost a shock that it's finally the real thing. I need to decide on something!

I decided from the start that I don't want to wear white. I have been married before and done the white wedding/restaurant reception thing (and I learned a lot from being there myself compared to only taking care of the reception, something I have done plenty when I was a restaurant manager). But what colour should I choose? Good question.

Then we come to what it should look like. I'm a practical person when it comes to clothes and even fancy dresses can be comfortable. I don't understand the ceremony dress and reception dress thing. This is just another expense not needed. If you can't have fun in the dress of your choice it's the wrong dress IMO.

I have discarded the idea of a pant suit. It's tricky to get them to fit well so I'll stick to a dress. Knee-length with width because it's fun. Short sleeves and a neckline that aren't too high nor too low. I want a tulle petticoat in a contrasting colour sticking out below the hem. Cute, practical and a dress you can wear all day and have fun in it. No silk, some easy material that can be washed easily. A dress I can wear again. That's the dress I want. Now I only need to design it. Because of course, the DIY queen will make it herself.

My Darling is not as difficult as I am. He refuses fancy clothes point blank, but last year we got him canvas frontier trousers with suspenders for wedding. With a woodcutter shirt the outfit would be perfect.

These are the trousers in question. I love the strap in the back! You can get them here (US) here (UK) and here (Sweden).

No comments: