25 Jan 2011

Dress

So I've been thinking. 50's? 60's? Sort of? Freestyle crochet? Possibly. Sunflower yellow and dark blue. That's a winner though I am hesitant to use blue and yellow since it's our flag's colours. I don't want people to think of our flag when looking at me. Sunflower yellow and cerise? Now that's a glowing combination! And I could make a visible tulle petticoat in yellow with dark blue satin trimming to go with that. Or it could all be too much. Inspiration pictures:

Photobucket

I'm not wearing white. Why? There are several reasons for that.
  • I've been married before
  • I don't really like white on myself
  • I want to have fun in this dress and wearing it on other occasions
  • We're offbeat in so many other ways that I don't feel like dressing traditionally
White is really a rather new thing. Just wearing something nice looking was the way to do it for a very long time until European nobility decided white was the thing - and that had a lot to do with the 19th century screwed up ideas about female sexuality. White has for a very long time been the virgin colour. Well, I'm not a virgin.

No comments: