9 Jan 2011

Web page

Do you need one? Maybe not, but I think it's practical. By having a web page you don't need to include e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g in the snail mail invitation. I prefer to keep that one short, to the point and lightweight.

Now, since I'm the DIY queen I of course DIY'ed the web page. I have a site address already so I just created a sub page address and set to work. It's not as fancy as it sounds. I used a template and tweaked in Dreamweaver. You don't need Dreamweaver to make your own web page, but you will have to be familiar with using code and how css style sheets work. It's not as complicated as it looks. Changes can be made if you open the documents in wordpad and you can have a look at what happens when you change things by opening it in a browser window. Any information you need on how to do this is available on the net so just Google away. End of mini crash course.

Back to our web page. I think it's fun doing this so I had a go at it during 5 days. Code is the fast part of it all compared to coming up with ideas and finding the right pictures. It was during this process that I started to come up with the invitation design.

I have this free program on the computer called Poladroid which creates Polaroid-like pictures in printable dpi that I used for images on the web page. I have also came across magnets looking like Polaroid frames, and an idea dawned on me. How about printing the invitation on magnetic paper and giving it a Polaroid frame? I think I'll have experiment some.

Click on the image to go to the web page.

The numbers stand for my 40th birthday, Darling's 35th birthday and 5 is the number of years we've been a couple. It all becomes 80. We're actually not telling people straight out that we're getting married but it's not that difficult to figure out. The reason for not spelling it out is that we don't want people to rush out and buy us presents we don't need or start worrying about fancy clothes. This is a very basic event but people get all sorts of silly ideas if you tell them it's a wedding.

No comments: