29 Jun 2011

Romania? Not quite.

I have 20 fan bunting flags I need to make as decoration for the barn walls. I'm now halfway through the project. The "flags" are sewn together and pressed, ready to have one side gathered and a strip of fabric finishing off the upper side of the flag. Tomorrow I'll start with the gathering which will have to be done by hand because the folds need to be in a certain width for it to work. The hand basting will slow things down a bit. I have no idea how many I can make in one day, but I bet it won't be 15, as I did today.


There they are. All nicely pressed and folded. A good day's work indeed. And I'm blissfully ignoring that it looks like we're celebrating the free Romania. It is the colours of Sweden and Skåne. It'll look less... Romanian, when they're done I'm sure.

No comments: